English country house in this design as if descended from the pages of Jane Austen or a collection of fairy tales for children. As a rule, it has two floors and is surrounded by a garden. Stone and brick are used in facing, but they can be combined with wood. These materials provide durability due to moisture-proof properties. The facade of the house in the English style is massive, reliable and has high windows. The layout of the house provides a fireplace.
Such a house is easily recognizable by its symmetrical forms, the tower above the main entrance and the glazed veranda. The basis of the house is a bearing beam frame filled with clay, brick or foam concrete. The English style in the interior of the house in the spirit of Tudor implies a ground floor of stone, and the second and third are lined with light plaster.
Classic country house
The main feature of the classic country house is the use of natural materials: stone and wood. Most often this is a one-story building of the correct proportions with an attic, which hosts a bedroom. It is characterized by semi-circular roofs that resemble thatch roofs from the time of Shakespeare. The sides of the house can be tiled or plastered. The interiors of such houses in English country style involves a fireplace, and outside the house you can see a protruding chimney.
Kitchen in English style has a relaxed, comfortable and slightly “old-fashioned” look. Traditional kitchens sometimes include a cozy English-style armchair. A sofa or comfortable chairs provide a place to sit and socialize at home. Ceiling beams, arched doorways and kitchen islands are typical kitchen features in this style. Country side homes never shy away from displaying the collection they so proudly own. The wooden spoons and ladles are flaunted in the bronze vessel. Kitchens are never left out when it comes to decorating. Afterall, it is the place where happiness is cooked.
Interior of a kitchen in classic English style usually is designed in the following color schemes: antique white, light gray, light yellow, soft cream and other pastel shades. Details such as curtains, canopies, kitchen towels, pillows for sitting and tablecloths provide excellent opportunities for the distribution of bright color accents.
The most important thing to think about when choosing a material for such kitchen is reliability. Therefore, in order to create a design that would serve for many years, it is important to choose high-quality materials. Mainly natural stone, wood and marble, furniture and kitchen set of which is decorated with expensive gilded fittings and carvings should be used.
Cabinets and kitchen islands
You can use glazed kitchen cabinets painted white to bring desired “antique” effect into English-style dining room. The built-in cupboard has two functions: it displays beautiful kitchenware and also serves as a storage space. Glass cabinet doors and open shelves filled with woven baskets, old teapots, Chinese dishes and other antiques add special charm and coziness.
English-style cookware and accessories
In the kitchen, wall paintings that convey the British spirit. It can be picturesque countryside, farm animals or hunting scenes. Copper pots, old jugs, collections of teapots, cups and saucers or antique kitchen utensils located on open shelves and cabinets will be a great addition. Kitchen design may include a kitchen island, surrounded by chairs with backs of vertical bars and woven seats. And for the work surface is best to use granite.
Bedroom in English style: oasis of calm and comfort
- To convey the English style in bedroom interior design, you cannot but use a spectacular bed. The ideal option would be a gorgeous bed with a high, canopy-covered headboard and beautiful carvings, made of natural wood of dark breeds.
- The atmosphere in the bedroom will also be created by the presence of a variety of fabrics: curtains with drapes, bedspreads with embroidered small flowers, plaid plaids and several pillows of various sizes.It is evident from the image that the English always love filling up the walls. The bedroom shown here though small looks amazingly beautiful with the fine wall frames and fixtures.
- The entire room is done in different shades of the same colour to bring in the sense of continuity. Needless to say, the love for flowers is quite visible with the painting above the headboard ornamented with fresh flowers.
- The cushions and the linen on the bed are also inspired by the same.The bed generously topped with pillows and cushions speaks about the comfort quotient people look for in such country side homes.
- We all love the luxury and comfort of the city homes, but richness and royalty are something one can experience only at the country side homes, in the lap of pristine nature. These homes at the country side have in fact turned out to be a blessing for city dwellers who, in the race for achieving name and fame, have missed the better things in life.
English-style living room – hearth and soul of the house
- English country side homes usually do not believe in the minimalistic way of interior designing. They are always decorated with the finest of the material to make it look warm and inviting. The living room shown here is stuffed with furniture but not even for a second, can one feel it cramped or crooky.
- The use of delicate colours for the walls and furniture has saved the room from looking fussy. Huge windows and glass doors have been used to let in ample amount of natural light which is definitely the best way of brightening up a room.
- Country homes are always lavish with the things they have-for instance. furniture in the room is all cushioned to give a complete relaxed time away from the busy and complex city life.
- The entire room is draped in colours inspired by the nature-whether it is the sofa or the coffee table or the large vase that holds the dried shrub. Beautiful roses and orchids also find a place in the living room adding warmth and freshness to the air.
- Wooden floors and wood panelled roof complete the antique look of the interior. Simplicity is seen in the way candles are used with hanging candle holders instead of an enormous chandelier.
- The living room here is decorated with rich collection of chandeliers and table lamps.
- The love for floral print/impression is evident as the sofas, cushions, body of the lamps are all seen draped in floral prints.
- The floors, especially of the living room, are never left bare or un-furnished. They are adorned with floor rugs or mats with exquisite designs. A natural wood of dark colors or a laminate in a large cage will suit the floor, which will visually expand the room. Walls are treated with lacquered wall panels, wallpaper, and fabric. On the floor you can put a light carpet with floral ornaments.
- The walls too are given due importance. Furbished in wood, the walls here are turned into book shelves.
- Paintings of ancestors framed in fine metallic frames find their place on the rest of the walls. English are fascinated not just by the floral prints but also love to have the real ones to adorn the interiors.
- The English style in the interior of a living room means a dining table and sofa located in center of the room. It should be noted that an important element is the bookshelves, which sometimes occupy the entire height and width of the wall. The decor uses an abundance of accessories: cushions, openwork napkins, porcelain objects. As for the colors, the British prefer cream, honey, dark red and beige tones.
English style bathroom
- To create such design, it is desirable to have a spacious bathroom. Pieces of furniture must be arranged so that they can move with ease, which is difficult to achieve if the bathroom is ultra small.
- Traditionally, bathroom interior is decorated with contrasting black and white ceramic tiles. But this is not the only option. Walls can also be treated with wallpaper and wood. In this case, the lower part is lined with wooden panels, and the upper one is covered with wallpaper with a floral pattern. The top should always be lighter than the bottom.
- To embody this classic style, you need a special retro bath. It should be cast iron, with fancy-shaped metal legs. The use of modern ergonomic technology in English bathroom is unacceptable.
English Style Foyer
The house of true residents of Foggy Albion can meet its owners in different ways: from a huge empty hall to a small space with a set of the most necessary furniture. Already here you can see the love of the British people for antiques, and the entrances to the adjacent rooms are often draped with heavy curtains.
Kids room in English home
Kids room in this style should ideally be divided into zones: a playroom, a bedroom and a desk (if the kid goes to school). As for the color range, you can use traditional for decoration colors: cream, beige, pale pink and white in combination with more saturated colors (burgundy, green, brick color and red).
Romantic patterns with small flowers will be suitable for a girl, and for a boy the adventure or sea theme will be ideal. A popular solution is also to use the colors of the UK flag. Children’s furniture in English style usually includes a bed with a lot of retractable shelves under the bottom and several closets.
Royalty is one word that defines the English style homes and this becomes all the more evident in the way their dining room is arranged. The arrangement is extravagant with fine antique styled silver dining set. The table adorned with beautiful vintage candle holders, fruit bowls and table top flower stand is a common sight of every English countryside homes.
Another striking similarity between a English style cottage and a castle is the way the walls are embellished. The richly painted walls are either decorated with the portraits by famous ancient artists or with precious vintage collection of crockery or metallic utensils.