Granite is one of the hardest natural stones mined from the earth, then it is cut into slabs and polished before installation, granite is the go-to material in countertop options.
- It’s super strong, heat-resistant and can stand up to extreme levels of wear and tear.
- Granite comes in a myriad natural colour (off-white, pink, black, green) and patterns (speckled, swirls, streaks, waves).
- The price varies, depending on colour, thickness and patterns, thus making it accessible to all.
- Its natural variations in colour could work against it for those who like a consistent, uniform look. This also makes it harder to later replace a part of it with an exactly matching piece.
- Natural stones are porous; while granite is far less so than others, it still requires to be sealed at installation.